Monday, April 20, 2009

Starting Fresh, where the heart not the head leads

I have been totally stuck on all my art projects, thinking more than doing, tentatively touching rather than connecting, procrastinating and losing focus and setting up road blocks.

Then as I was scouring some of my art books looking for a painting but not remembering the painter, I thought look at this:


Pierrot, Antoine Watteau, Antoine, 1684-1721,
Musee du Louvre, Paris

It so reminds me of my ideal Fool, the tarot Fool, in all his simplicity and complexity.

When I participated in my first tarot deck with the AJ players, fueled by Ru Temple, September 11th hit just as we were about to begin. This event influenced images for me on a daily basis and played a large role in how I developed my major arcana.

So instead of a Fool I might have ordinarily imagined, I envisaged Sisyphus.


Sisyphus, Titian 1548-1549

I'll have to rummage around to find my actual card, but this is as close as I can come today without breaking my train of thought.

Now I am thinking can I start all over again?

With new images on the horizon, and especially in my head, without that major event foremost on my mind, with more time to learn, to play, to fantasise, can I create a new set of majors, and perhaps, just perhaps move into the minors?

When we began that project, I was a novice to computer programming, didn't have a scanner, a program, an inkling of how to proceed. But just last week, I opened up my Photoshop Elements, and thought every one can do it, why don't I? And I tried:

Time Out Photoshopped

With the promise of sun, or cloudy, no rain or snow in the forecast, perhaps I can finish painting the bookcase for my wee studio, and start.

And my very own friend, Arnell, of Transformational Tarot, the Heroes Journey, the Storyteller Tarot, and others, appears to have updated her suggestions for beginning here.

No comments:

Post a Comment